Julie turned up to our apartment, we had some froffies, went out for dinner and then walked around the block and around the Sagrada Familia. It just blows your mind, we are booked in tomoz for that so I will fill you in then. Here's a sneak peak. The joint is massive.
I will just start by saying we have traveled heaps of places and changed trains many times today. The underground rail system here is incredible. The longest we waited for a train was 4 minutes,
ticket system was fantastic and we didn't once get on the wrong train, it's that easy. We even had a busker on the train, just great.
Julie catching some ZZZZZSS on the train
We decided we would start the day visiting the Montserrat. A Monestry built amongst the serrated mountains, hence the name. We caught the train there, then on the cable car and then on the funicular. It was unreal just getting there. Then we visited the actual Monestry, founded in 1025. Big history around this place if your interested google it, as I'm too busy having fun to go into it, this blog takes a fair bit of time, but I enjoy doing it, it's just the lack of sleep.
Here's some pics of the visit. The cable car looking up
On the funicular looking down at the Basilica
We then headed back to Barcelona and did the La Rambla Rumble. A walk down this incredibly busy street, La Rambla, people everywhere, heaps of stuff going on, we did some market grazing, went through this amazing market and just bought bits and pieces of things to eat, bloody lovely.
The girls looking flabbergasted at the fresh produce
We then found this square and had some froffies, bloody big ones at that, Grande.
We watched some street performers who were very quick to pack up and high tale it when the local fuzz showed up. 10 minutes later they would be back again doing it all again, great entertainment. Here's one bloke in mid air.
Then we walked dockside to Port Vell, where the cruises come in and had dinner, bloody nice.
Big statue of Christorfer Columbus
Then back on the underground to our apartment now, knocking off a bottle of champers and kicking back.
I've cut this blog really short as I would be up all night otherwise, having a great time here, still lots to see tomorrow and it's Julie's birthday, so I think we might be in for a big day.
Buen Barcelona























You will love Familia Sagrada, we sure did! Make sure you book a guide. Steve said to try some white anchovies.
ReplyDelete